Fiery crimson three-horned gargoyle crafted with intense-orange eyes to inspire awe. This unique Avelino carving breaks the mould as an abstract alebrije is meant to do. Gargoyles are said to be protectors of holiness, guarding sacred places such as churches and cathedrals from malignant spirits and malevolence.
• Carved by Hand and Meticulously Sanded
• Tenaciously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Body with removable wings for easy shipping
• Origin of This Carving is the village of La Union
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 7" tall x 4 1/2" deep (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.