The Latin American kin to the Gnome is the Duende - not as jolly as their relatives and known to take up residence in sinuous walls, even slitting kids' toenails. In rural Oaxaca, Duendes are very real, so it is wise to be on their good side! An expertly sculpted, single-piece statuette from Avelino - an astonishing masterpiece that stands alone in its artistry.
• Carved by Hand and Meticulously Sanded
• Tenaciously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Carved Body
• Origin of This Carving is the village of La Union
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 6 tall x 3" wide (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.