The Latin American cousin to the Gnome is the Duende. Unlike the friendly Gnomes the Duendes have a grumpier disposition and have been known to live inside walls of homes. Even clipping the toenails of children. In rural Oaxaca the Duendes are a real thing and it is best to make friends with them. Impeccable single sculpted piece carved figurine showcases Avelino's museum quality finesse. Amazing standalone work of art.
• Carved by Hand and Meticulously Sanded
• Tenaciously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Carved Body
• Origin of This Carving is the village of La Union
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 6 tall x 3" wide (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.