Edilberto Cortez master carver and painter gained notoriety with his expressive curious chango monkeys. The rain forests in Oaxaca boast two species of monkey the Spider and Howler. This copal wood creation is in a fur suit of purple bubble dots and a tail with an attitude. Very fun work in the medium sized range. Easy to forget it's entirely done by hand as it is so flawlessly carved, sanded, and painted.
• Entirely Carved by Hand and Masterfully Sanded
• Meticulously Artisan Painted
• Proudly Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Carving with Removable Tail
• Origin of This Carving is the village of Arrazola
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 7 1/2" L x 5" tall (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.