Sometimes a flick 'bout alebrijes gets Oaxacan master artists feeling inspired to dream up their own version. Take Grimalkin Drake: a highly-refined hybrid of dragon and cat exploring the afterlife. Legendary carver Inocencio Vasquez, one of the founders of the craft, has been honing his skillz for decades and now puts out some top-tier art. This here's a prime example!
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single piece body with two removable wings
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 7" long x 6" wide (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.