With trident in hand and fiery red apple of prophecy in the other, this Guardian of the River balances against the two extremes of drought and floods. Celtic, Mayan, and Japanese mythology references these spirits that keep nature in equilibrium and even rescue humans who may be lost in the stream. A sculpture of esoteric invention fused with themes of lost cultures.
• Carved by Hand and Meticulously Sanded
• Tenaciously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Body with removable Trident
• Origin of This Carving is the village of La Union
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 7" tall x 6" wide (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.