Clutching a trident and a crimson, prophetic apple, this Guardian of the River strives to preserve equilibrium between drought and deluge. Drawing upon Celtic, Mayan, and Japanese mythological figures, these fierce beings protect nature's balance and rescue humans drifting in the current. A sculpture of enigmatic origins, coalescing elements from antediluvian legends.
• Carved by Hand and Meticulously Sanded
• Tenaciously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Body with removable Trident
• Origin of This Carving is the village of La Union
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 7" tall x 6" wide (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.