La Union carvers have a style that changes little decade after decade. A very low output village that produces work only when farming livelihood chores are done. During that time they make some of the most intuitive artistic observations of animals they encounter and this toad is a perfect example. Lazy eyed sapo sitting calmly with just a slight Mona Lisa smirk on it's face. Very nice medium sized work.
• Carved by Hand and Sanded with Traditional Tools
• Delicately detailed hand painted
• Proudly Signed by the Artist
• Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• All in one piece creation
• Origin of This Carving is the village of La Union
• Authentic Handmade Folk Art from Oaxaca Mexico
Dimensions Approx. 7" L x 4" wide (large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.