Large Jaripeo style bull rider. The vaquero or cowboy is separate from the bull. This piece hails from the village of La Union who were originally known for their festival figurines. A very articulated piece in acrylics. This rider is a separate carving seated on the toro with removable tail for easy shipping. Capturing the true spirit of agrarian frontier living and uniquely one of a kind. He's sure to be the life of the party, with his dynamic pose and realistic details. All the fun of a rodeo, without the dust and dirt!
• Carved by Hand and Sanded with Traditional Tools
• Delicately detailed hand painted
• Proudly Signed by the Artist
• Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Three piece creation
• Origin of This Carving is the village of La Union
• Authentic Handmade Folk Art from Oaxaca Mexico
Dimensions approx. 11" L x 7" tall (large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.