Resting faun single piece deer carved from one of the densest woods available in the San Martin, cedar. The silhouette has a sort of mystic charm with a violet and lilac floral tapestry. Oaxacan sculptures in cedar are rare as they are very hard to carve compared to copal. This unique deer sculpture is a piece of art that will last for years, adding a special touch of charm and mysticism to any home. Experience the beauty and strength of cedar wood!
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Carving made from hardwood cedar
• Chiseled Block single piece carving
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions approx. 6" L x 3 1/2" tall (Medium)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.