Zorrillo skunk with ixtle cactus tail. In Arrazola the skunk is a creature that earns respect. Moises Jimenez carries on his families iconic style seen here in the soft touches bold accent colors and softly shaped edges. Faultless streamlined form dynamic at any perspective. The simple sophistication of the Jimenez family is legendary in all of Oaxaca these pieces are true to form. The tail is made from a cactus fiber the artists have ingeniously incorporated into select sculpture motifs.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Scrupulously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• All in one body carving with itxtle cactus fiber tail
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Origin of This Carving is the village of Arrazola
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 9" L x 7" tall (Large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.