Oxen Rider is a highly unusual and remarkable artwork from one of the most esteemed artisans from the Oaxacan woodcarving scene. Abad Xuana and his granddaughter Floriberta created this Ox with an exceptionally detailed design, featuring everything from the sex of the animal to its looping tail. Tilcajete is home to some of the most impressive Oxen in the region, standing out from the rest of the cattle.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Masterfully Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Two single piece chiseled carvings Ox and Rider
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
• Top of the Top Tier Grade Oaxacan Woodcarving
Dimensions Approx. 6" L x 6" tall (medium)
This is a piece for the collector's collector. Some gallery owners we've known over the decades only collect Abad family pieces but sell hundreds of other artists.
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.