Majestic in form, this single piece carved lion stands resplendent in its brilliant, complementary colors of red and orange. Gil Santiago, son of Miguel, offers a revealing series of sculptures featuring his original designs. This latest collection showcases Gil's newfound artistic vision, termed 'Greek,' an aesthetic bearing similarities to the ancient Zapotec glyphs of other Arrazola artists.
• Carved by Hand and Meticulously Sanded
• Resolutely Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Single Piece Carving
• Origin of This Carving is the village Arrazola
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• Museum Grade Sculpture
Dimensions Approx. 4" tall x 4" deep (Small)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.