Folkways in mythic Mexico suggest you cannot get out of work even if you are dead. Here we have a rustic skeleton farmer by the last family to use the original aniline dyes to paint their figurines. Timeless with an almost puritanical method of adhering to ancient toy making traditions. Calixto shines in his family when it comes to Day of the Dead themed pieces. Here we have his signature Beetlejuice style skeleton farmer with hat wielding a harvesting sickle.
• Hand Carved and Meticulously Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artist
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Unique mix of Aniline dye and Acrylic paint
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• Timeless Traditional Oaxacan Festival Themed Figurine
• Origin of this piece is the village of La Union
Dimensions Approx. 5" tall x 5" deep (Small)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.