This is a premiere pairing of woodcarvings in our gallery. Father and daughter Abad and Floriberta Xuana are brilliantly illustrated in this work. Abad appears with a hunched back and cane, while Flor is dressed for a festival with a removable, wooden basket. Abad's cane is not detachable. For the highest caliber of Oaxacan Woodcarving, this is it.
• Hand Carved and Methodically Sanded
• Punctiliously Painted by Hand
• Signature Signed by the Artists
• Authentic Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin
• Ascetically One of a Kind Celebrated Mexican Folk Art
• Museum Grade Top Tier Masterwork
What we love about this pair: As far as Oaxacan woodcarving flair for the unique it doesn't get any better than this. These are the largest figurines we've ever had but we have only been lucky to obtain a few from this master of masters. Equally rare are these are fully human subjects and not zoomorphic nahuals.
Abad figurine Dimensions Approx. 8" tall x 5" deep (medium-large)
Flor figurine Dimensions Approx. 9" tall x 2" wide (medium-large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.