Abad Xuana's works are flawless and an inspiration to dozens of other aspiring artists in Oaxaca. His hallmark classic as seen in several publications are his nahual mermaids. Part cat and part mermaid musician this zoomorphic piece accentuates the prominent choice of colors and unusual forms in his repertoire of inventive creatures that span decades.
• Carved by Hand with Simple Tools
• Thoroughly Sanded to a Porcelain Finish
• Painstakingly Painted by Hand
• Confidently Signed by the Artist
• Veritable Oaxacan Carving made from prized Copal Wood
• All in One Carving with Removable Instruments
• Origin of This Carving is the village of San Martin Tilcajete
• Museum Grade One of a Kind Mexican Folk Art
Dimensions Approx. 7" L x 6 1/2" tall (large)
Since 1998 Port Wahakaa has been shipping Oaxacan Woodcarvings worldwide. See our recent reviews.